To add Google SSO to your SmartFile account:
On Google Workspace Console:
- Go to your Google Workspace Admin portal.
- On the left, select "Apps"
- Select "Web and mobile apps"
- Click on "Add app"
- Click on "Add custom SAML app"
- Set App name to "SmartFile" then click continue
- Click on Download metadata then click continue
- In the field ACS URL put your entity id https:// + '/saml2/acs/'
- In the field Entity ID put your custom domain selected for your site. DO NOT INCLUDE https://
- in the filed Start URL put your https:// + entity id + '/ftp/login/'
- Click continue
- Click Finish
- Provide the saved XML file to support to be installed on your site.
- Sign into your SmartFile account.
- For each user assigned to Google sign in, create a user with their username and email being the email used in Google and the sign on method set to “SSO”.
- When you go to your site’s sign in page, there should now be a “Single Sign-On” button. Users will click on this button and be signed into SmartFile through Google to their given account.
- If a user gets a page saying that the account does not exist, ensure that the user’s email is set as the SmartFile user’s username and email.