SmartFile does not limit the size of files that you can upload to your site. We only limit the total amount of storage that is allowed for your particular subscription plan. With that said, certain web browsers have limits on the size of the file you can upload through them. Please refer to the chart below for a break-down of web browsers and the file sizes they can support:
You can see in the chart above that the name of the browser, the version of the browser, and the maximum file size for that browser are listed. For the web browser you are using, you can check the current version by going to the Settings page for it. For Google Chrome and FireFox, this will not be necessary.
If you are continuing to have issues when uploading your files through a browser to your site, please consider using an FTP connection. FTP connections, by default, do not have file size limits when uploading or downloading. The only limits are the speed of your internet connection and the geographic distance you are from the server you are connecting to. For this reason, we offer a link to a free download of FileZilla. This is one of the most widely used FTP programs in the world.
You can find the download link on your site by following the steps outlined in the screenshots below.
- Log into your site and click on the Connector icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the Connector icon and select “FTP Client” from the list that appears.
- On the next screen, click on the FileZilla button.
- You will be redirected to the FileZilla website for the download.
- Once you have downloaded the program on your local machine (computer), double-click the file and follow the installation instructions that follow.
- After installing FileZilla and opening it for the first time, you will need to input your site credentials as shown in the screenshot below.