To add Okta to your SmartFile account:
- Sign into your Okta account.
- Click on the Admin button in the top left.
- Click on the Applications Tab.
- Search for “SmartFile SAML” and add.
- Add your base url. This will be “sitename.smartfile.com” or your custom domain.
- On the next page, click the “Assign” button.
- Add the users you would like to be able to use Okta to sign in with.
- Go to the “Sign On” tab and click on “View Setup Instructions.”
- Copy the information in the “IDP Metadata” section. Save this as “sitename_saml_okta.xml.”
- Sign into your SmartFile account.
- For each user assigned to Okta sign in, create a user with their username and email being the email used in Okta and the sign on method set to “SSO”.
- Send “sitename_saml_okta.xml” in a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SmartFile will add this file to your account.
- When you go to your site’s sign in page, there should now be a “Single Sign-On” button. Users will click on this button and be signed into SmartFile through Okta to their given account.
- If a user gets a page saying that the account does not exist, ensure that the user’s email is set as the SmartFile user’s username and email.